"What benefits can TUI Ferienhaus offer me?" "When do I get paid?" …
Here you will find comprehensive answers to the questions most frequently asked by our property owners. If you would prefer to talk to someone in person, or if you can't find the answer to your question here, then please don't hesitate to call us. We have a multilingual team committed to helping you in our call centre at our Bremen Brinkum site, and they have all the company's experience at their fingertips.
Your benefits and rights
Administration and formalities
Your benefits and rights
1. What benefits can TUI Ferienhaus offer me?
- Maximum occupancy - with our professional and personalised consultancy service and sophisticated marketing strategies we will help you let your holiday accommodation profitably all year round.
- Payment assured - we will agree on a fair price for the holiday let, which we pay out prior to the guests' arrival. We take care of the complete payment process and only make any profit ourselves once we have arranged the rental of the property.
- Well looked-after in every respect – you're in good hands with us: We have a multilingual staff of over 100 people at our call centre and about 100 international representatives on site, all available to help you. Why not get in touch and find out more about us for yourself.
- All marketing channels – we can market your property via an extensive range of online and offline channels. Your rental property will not only be bookable via www.tui-ferienhaus.de and www.tui.com, it will also automatically appear on all well-known travel portals - at no extra cost. Added to this, your property will also benefit from the TUI's marketing presence in over 8,000 travel agencies.
- Simple online administration – it's easy and convenient to manage your property whenever you like: on our website for rental property owners you can do everything from checking bookings to reserving the property for private use as per contract.
- Enjoy travelling? – As a contractual partner of ours you will be eligible for a 10% discount on all bookings on TUI Wolters products and 5% on TUI Deutschland products when booked via us.
- Revenue even in the event of cancellation – if a firm booking is cancelled by the customer and no other booking can be arranged in its place, you will receive up to 90% of the net letting fee, depending when the cancellation is made.
- Recommend us and get a bonus – qualify for an attractive bonus on completion of contract by recommending us as a holiday property rental partner.
2. When do I get paid?
You receive your rent before the guests even arrive. Once we have received all the details from you we will normally transfer the rent approximately 2-4 weeks prior to the arrival date – except in the case of last-minute bookings.
3. Can I use my holiday home myself?
You can use the online owner's area to input periods of private occupancy at any time. You can also notify us by email or phone, in which case you must be sure to get confirmation of your occupancy. We will confirm it as quickly as possible, as long as there are no options or bookings pending from our customers. If there are, the TUI Ferienhaus booking will take priority. Please note that by limiting the time you occupy your property yourself you will enable us to advertise and let it much more effectively.
4. Who deals with any matters arising?
If you have any questions or comments you can contact us by phone or email, or you can access the Online Form from the Contact menu.
It is simple and convenient to view and manage bookings and private occupancies directly in the Owner section.
5. What does TUI Ferienhaus expect of me as the owner of a property?
- You need to arrange the handing over of the keys and ensure that everything runs smoothly on site
- The property has to be kept in good condition throughout the rental period
- The bookings calendar has to be managed carefully so that there is no risk of double booking
- Ensure that the property is available and bookable (even if there is no inquiry)
- Set a competitive price in consultation with our buying agent or on-site representative
- Good quality photos in accordance with our guidelines
- Good quality furnishings and equipment (attractive, matching furnishings; decent mattresses with overlays; well-equipped kitchen)
- Bathroom in well-kept condition
6. What are the requirements for the photos I provide?
The main thing is that the photos must be high resolution. They need to be submitted as JPEG files with unambiguous names. Make sure the pictures are well lit and give an atmospheric impression of the rooms and all extra features. Photos should be in landscape format without superimposed date and must not infringe any third party rights. You can find guidelines on how to take photos of your rental property here (PDF).
Administration and formalities
7. What will it cost to market my rental property?
Essentially, we will market your property free of charge – we only earn anything once the property is let to a guest. We do charge a small fixed annual rate of €30 to cover marketing fees, however. For an extra fee we can arrange additional presentation of your property in a catalogue or high visibility placement.
8. How long will it take from the initial contact till my property appears online?
Assuming that the administration process between TUI Ferienhaus and the owner works properly, it should only take 1-2 weeks for the property to appear on the TUI Ferienhaus website. It is essential that we have a detailed description of the holiday accommodation and high-quality photos in order to achieve this.
9. How can I view my property online?
At www.tui-ferienhaus.de you can use the search mask to search for your property – either by country and region or by entering its 8-digit reference code into the "Property Reference" field. This code, which we will send you on completion of the contract, enables us to identify your property quickly in our system when we are communicating together by phone or email.
10. What if I want to change any details about my property?
You should submit any changes to your property details in writing (email, fax or letter) to your contact person.
11. How do I know when my property has been booked?
Each time a booking is made you will be notified by fax or email. You can also access bookings from your private owner area on the website.
12. When can my property be added to the TUI Ferienhaus portfolio?
We can include new properties in our range at any time. You need to complete the online form or get in touch with your respective contact person either by phone or by using Direct Contact.
13. How is the rental price decided?
We are happy to advise you on setting a price for your rental property. The price should reflect the location and features of the property and can be fixed in collaboration with the buying agent for your area.
14. What is allotment release back?
An allotment is the number of rental properties of a certain type which can be booked direct, without inquiry. For example, if you have a detached house on offer via us, there is an allotment of this type of house available for booking with TUI Ferienhaus. At a certain point in time (a specific date or a given number of days prior to the arrival of a guest) this allotment is released back to you and you are then free to manage your property yourself. We can then only take a booking for it on your request. You can choose the release back time yourself depending on demand. However, we do recommend that you limit it to a maximum of 5 days, as this guarantees a chance of taking last-minute bookings.